Red Rock Elementary News
Letter to Parents/Guardians
August 11, 2014
On behalf of the staff at Red Rock Elementary School, we are happy to welcome you to the 2014-15 school year! The first day for first through fifth grade is August 25th and for kindergarten a letter with the date and time of your parent/teacher meeting will be sent out to you.We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Blanca Delgado at 346-2206.
The wonderful Red Rock staff, along with Mrs. Achondo and Mrs. Eilers feels privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you at the start of school.
As part of the school routine, you will be receiving updated school information in Tuesday Folders each week. Please know that our door is always open and we want to help make sure our students have the very best educational experience.
Washington’s Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET) Program
GET is Washington’s 529 Prepaid Tuition Program. It offers families a guaranteed way to provide for a child’s future college expenses by saving money today. The earlier you start saving, the greater the increased value of your GET account.
Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for weather conditions.
Adult supervision for children does not start until 7:45 AM.
If you need to contact the school when the phones are off, please dial extension 420 or 422.
To avoid bus conflicts, please do not make bus changes after 2:30 PM. If you are picking up your child or making changes, please let us know before 2:30 PM. Thank you.